Monday 16 May 2011

PAINTING IS A STRANGE BUSINESS- TWO PAINTINGS FROM DONHEAD

I can explain what I mean by talking about a painting I did several years ago - my husband and I were painting over a few days in Donhead, it was the second day I think, and I felt so stuck and unable to 'get it'  I was really struggling.  This chap - a farm worker came up and looked and it seemed to me he didnt think much of it because he said " you should go and ask your teacher for help!"  I think amateur art groups paint around there. This felt like the final straw - but Robert came up a little while later and said - " really like that, dont do too much more!"  and now it is one of my favourite paintings and I wouldnt sell it!  Strange ?  I feel it a painting I still need to follow up - it could help me with my painting of Melbury Hill ....   and more of that later on!

I did another later in the year  which I am also very pleased with.

Donhead I 28 x 42"  oil on canvas

Donhead II 27 x 36"  oil on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment