Saturday 30 April 2011

PAINTING IS A MAD BUSINESS ......

at least it seems to me that I never know if or why or how a picture will work, or not.  This one - of the vineyards in France, is taken from a combination of drawings and watercolours I did on the spot, and photographs but eventually without reference to anything  - just painting instinctively ...   

Charente Vineyard   80 x 80 cm    oil/canvas unfinished state

I surprised myself by 'getting in the groove' and although it isnt quite finished and today I am less pleased with it than I was last night - I had a wonderful time!   Listening to Paul Simon,  Bryan Ferry,  Van Morrison and Joanie Mitchell.    Painting actually makes me sane I think!    It is a place where I can meet myself.  I am very fortunate. 






No comments:

Post a Comment