Saturday 4 February 2012

FIRST PICTURES WITH THE BRUSHES app

One of the  things I am learning is that if I want my hands to do another 30+ years, then I have to take resting it/them seriously.  And doing 'proper' painting always involves my poor left hand ...   so the iPad has been a great stand in...




These pictures are fairly self explanatory - above is one cat! below the view of Frenchmill Lane that I lived with for ...30 years.  I did it whilst visiting a very dear friend.....    
Cats again, !!!


..and the last two - the snow that we had in North Dorset today - Coco looking our of the window at the snowy landscape,  and an  oak tree we can see from the house.   I hope the snow  settles and lasts for a bit... I love the way the landscape looks ... transformed magically, and the painting opportunities it offers.   
I have been using the Brushes app, with these drawings, because I thought the colour was better/easier ... but actually I am not so sure looking at what I have done with both apps ( art studio being the other) and I like the wet paint brush in a.s. .... and the easy 'fill' and there is something a tad cumbersome about the way the brush tool changes .... still its good to practise and be comfortable with both.  Not like pencil on real paper though, or paint! 
But I bet Matisse would have used it, and Picasso and maybe Cezanne and Monet too?  Whadya think? 



No comments:

Post a Comment