Monday 4 November 2013

A BUSY MONDAY ……PIANO & PAINTING ….

I have had a really satisfying day - the first volume of Hanon's exercises completed + my scales - no pieces today!  …. then the rest of the day in the studio- no emails ( many will be relieved !) or other office work - a lovely late afternoon walk and back into the studio to finish off - and stretch another canvas for tomorrow…..   when James Thrift, the Dorset MacMan visits to sort out the inevitable Mac problems ……  it aint a bad life!

RED MELBURY unfinished   65 x 90  with thanks to Bill Mills
I am really pleased and excited with this painting - it isn't there yet - 'but its getting there' ( Robert says that's Dylan and its It aint dark yet …….)  if only I can loosen up …….????

  Red Beeches oil/canvas  75 x 90 cm  This painting has been hanging around in the studio unresolved for a long time - I think today I finally managed to borrow something from the previous one and finish it …. yup - its done …..! Of course the solo show in Dorchester has been on my mind for months - now it is only 12 months away - a huge space and I don't want any 'fillers' I want all important paintings - is that unrealistic I wonder?

Beeches on the Downs II  60 x 70 cm a little painting - I just like it!



No comments:

Post a Comment