Thursday 28 November 2013

… I DONT KNOW WHERE THIS IS GOING …..

….  it is taking shape its own way ……?  I have had this  particular idea bubbling away in my head for about 8 or 9 years - ever since Robert and I bought Hawkcombe Cottage. 

               LARGE MAP - acrylic on paper 1.5 x 1.25  ?nearly finished state. 

 I have long wanted to describe the Journey from our old house in Frenchmill Lane to  what was a building site and is now our home.   








SQUARE MAP 50 X 60 mixed media/paper

All of us are on a journey of course and the external can be a symbol for  the internal. So in a literal and metaphorical sense this idea has long been with me!

The actual catalyst was the practical  need to be able to identify the field where a cow or sheep was needing attention came to a head and I began with doing a map for Compton Abbas and Twyford Villages with the field names - I am gathering  contributions from various people who know the local landscape well - I have already a sense that the names of the fields change over the years.   

I will be taking the maps to the Village Hall on the morning of  Saturday December 7 to show people and to gather more names.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Phyllis.
    Brilliant painting of a map. Better presented than the maps one buy`s. Phyllis, do you have an Ikon or Icon (Not sure which is the right spelling) that you can sign up to receive your latest postings via email? I would love to be able to do this. All the best Phyllis.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete