Monday 11 April 2011

DANCING WITH THE FAIRIES and IMPS of SPRING.......

.....  or painting with impish kittens .....  this is Muriel and she was determined to sit on my lap - or my palette.   She was rather put out when I stood up to work!


I think I said before that I always work best standing up - something to do with the energy!     


 SPRING IN THE ORCHARD   60 x 60 cm  oil/canvas  


This is the first time this year I have got my things outside - except for France of course!   It seems to take a while to remember how to organise myself - longer each spring!   I remember going out painting in the winter - painting the River Mole near Leatherhead and my boy friend of  the time anchoring my easel with rope to a brick to stop the wind blowing it away....  the canvas like a sail and turps spilling all over the palette!   My days of outward bound painting are over!   


But there is nothing like painting in the landscape and yesterday was a real gift -there were Chiffchaffs in the tree I was painting .....  and the swallows and woodpeckers .....  wonderful.   And then a good friend called round and we went for an evening walk.  What bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment