Thursday 14 April 2011

I LOVE MY STUDIO.....

I have been working in my studio today - and when I was doing the ritual dance of sorting out my outdoor palette, indoor palette and generally rearrange things, music on the bose ( Joan Baez, David Bowie Van Morrisson and Leonard Cohen are the ones I remember ) and thought 'How happy I am'  ... I love being in my studio and ....  I am so lucky.  Here are some pictures  that I took in the 
winter - you can see the bubble wrap insulation on the windows...

Here is my palette ..... I use old kitchen worktops - white melamine is something I found out about from an artist boyfriend!  it makes sense to use white if you are painting on a white surface after all ....


Here is my 'desk' with images of William Mills - a painter I very much admire, my paint store, CD's and bose, glasses ( several pairs) a painting I like of mine - Crab apples and Cosmos - of our garden 18 months ago ... a sculpture of mine awaiting repair .....   canvas pliers ( which I also use to squeeze out the last bit of paint )  etc etc....


Here is a painting of Melbury I did from Mayo Farm ....maybe 30 years ago... I wish I could paint like that now!   I am still trying to find out how to express what I feel about the hill.....  


   
Tomorrow I will put up photos of the painting I have nearly finished - if all goes well that is!   I feel very fortunate to have a place to go that I look forward to ... even at those times when painting is difficult I feel happy here, it is a good place to be!   Like this magic corner of Dorset - I count my blessings...  

No comments:

Post a Comment