Wednesday 2 May 2012

VALUE OF TOUCH SCREEN TECHNOLOGY FOR PEOPLE WITH DEMENTIA AND THEIR HELPERS…..

This morning I went to the Stour View Day Centre for the Elderly and Disabled of the local area,in Sturminster Newton.    Stephen Hopcroft  who is the centre manager had seen the article  about  my iPad drawings in the Blackmore Vale Magazine and asked me if I would go and give a demonstration there.


Stephen told me that the University of Worcester has done a study of touch screen technology and the benefits different apps have for people with dementia and their helpers .....  and identifies how different apps help to improve the quality of life for people .....   might be us one day!


The dreadful thing is BT class the centre as a service so they have to pay business rates for telephone and broadband ....  like so many things - awareness needs to be raised on this.  Maybe more later?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment